Thursday 28 March 2013

A Card For Mum.

I'm sooo glad we have no snow, it did tease us with loads of flakes (Now it'll be knee deep by morning!)  And it's my brother's birthday today, so, happy birthday..
.Here's a card I made for my mum. She had a leak, well, it was her ceiling what had the leak, she didn't see the big bulge hanging down over her head when she was sewing the family tree... 
Mum got up, Hubby touched it, I yelled "don't!" and the next minute the bubble burst and drenched every thing! Mum had noticed the wall was wet but thought, 'oh, maybe it's the rain, we've had so much lately' but no, it was a tiny leak, probably been there for well over ten years!  Anyway, she had to pay for the pipe to be repaired, but, the insurance paid for her to have a whole new ceiling,  (as there was a tiny trace of asbestos found in it when they cut a hole in it) new coving, new wall paper and the whole room repainted! They even said they'd put her up in a hotel while they did it and put her furniture into storage, there was even talk of a new carpet, new curtains to one window and the chair that was soaked to be recovered, but mum said no to most of  those...(why??? yes, loonies run in our family! I think she agreed to them cleaning the carpet instead... I would've had a new carpet!) Anyway, they've just got to finish off the wall papering and it's done, her whole room, which is quite long, all redecorated!
Anyway, here's the card... I've used T.H Bird Cage Die-cut, the ribbon was on another bought card, which I took off and saved some time back, and I suddenly found it, so had to use it. Then I  fixed the flower on with a dob of silicone glue and added a sequin to the gold bow. The papers are very nice, flowery and 'birdie' but I can't find the pack, to tell you it's name right now...and if you could see the state of my craft room at the moment you'd understand why! Found them!!! It was a freebie pack from Cardmaking & PaperCraft called Floral Fantasy by Louise Tiler, spring designs.
The Font: is a freebie, it's called Janda Happy Day and you can download it HERE or just google the name. That's it for now, thank you for stopping by. Hope to add this to a few...
Challenges.



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn what a gorgeous card, pretty paper and love the colours. Sorry to hear about that leak, thank goodness its all been sorted out now. Thanks for the lovely comment on my WOYWW and about about my owl avatar.. if you are interested theres a bigger and slightly different one of it on post http://gibbyfrogettcraftations.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/happy-new-year.html Its a digital piece I made from photos of husbands watch and clock, and theres 3 ornate hairslides and rest I digitally designed. Have a great weekend, Happy Easter...Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! Leak--not so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I bet your mum was thrilled to bits with this beautiful card Lyn. Right down to the gorgeous inside :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I love this card. The papers are gorgeous. Love the image you used. Your Mum makes me think of my Step-Mom. That is how she is. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another absolutely gorgeous card Lyn. Thanks for sharing. Apparently mum needs to look up once in awhile. Glad to hear that it has all been resolved though.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies