Saturday 24 May 2014

Another Happy 80th Birthday Card


Here's my second Happy 80th Birthday card of the week. (or maybe the week before by the time you get to see it!) Now you've seen both, I'm sure you'll agree this one's nicer... I love the colour, and the little LOTV Image (which was part of a set of digi freebies from a Crafty Magazine) and so was the already typed out sentiment on the right on the inside.
 The computer genterated sentiment is the same as the one in the post below, but just a bit different. My printer has not been working  for a while so when it printed these out in grey I was really happy, as I'd be really stuffed without a sentiment on the front!!
I made one of these open out both ways cards...Big card with front cut in half turned round and a smaller card fixed on what was the back on the larger card... I  still have no idea what their real name is. Tell me if you know! 
Like the card below I've also given these white flowers a Promarker make over, so they go with the papers. The papers I hadn't used in ages (years even!)  but I wanted something that matched and fitted the 8x8 larger card. They're by Papermania. 50 sheets, 8"x8" called Amethyst Infusion. Both the corner die cuts were hiding in some little drawers, so they just had to go on. At the bottom of one of those little drawers I found 'Just Purrfect' already stamped and embossed and then I found some patterned parchment paper and last, the LOTV image, a little girl with her cat. I've added a line of acetate to the front card just to help it stay up when open.
The lady that asked me to make this card for her mum, not only breeds dogs, she also has a small cattery too, so there had to be a kitten or a puppy on there somewhere! Inside I've used a Woodware 'paw' punch. I layered it all up, added the ribbon....not really in the right place. I usually have it under the top card. I've added a little bit of Stickles Glitter and some lilac gems too. That's about it I think! Later, I also hope to add this card to a few ...
Challenges!

8 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful as well but just so different from the other that I wouldn't say it's better! it's just different :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this beautiful kitty card! I love how you decorated the inside also; the square with the kitties is so cute! Love all the pretty details on your card; everything goes together perfectly! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Gorgeous birthday card, Lyn, so much detail here, fabulous hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely birthday card Lyn the colours are really pretty
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this! Such a cute image you used! Love the colour scheme! Fab style of card too! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. one more fine creation! So beautiful color and embellishments. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyn, I love this card! It is so lovely. That image is precious. I love all the embellishments and papers you used. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies