Tuesday 20 May 2014

Happy Birthday Tom!

It's son in laws birthday today...one with an 0...no, that's not right, that'll make him ten...I meant it's four with an 0. So here's the card I made.
Hope he likes it. Cogs because? Well he has a racing bike, that has cogs. The little camera charm is because he loves taking pictures and has one of those super cameras. The clocks on the backing paper... ? The hands look like arrows... he's in with the local Archery Club...Hmmm, oh yes, he has to keep time (like we all do....I never have enough) And Chickens? They're excising chickens and they're all keeping fit! Up...down...Up... Tom's a Personal Trainer. He has weights and stuff...although I've not seen a skipping rope... The stamped image is by Penny Black of course. I still have no printer....it eats paper so I couldn't use a digi and my only black ink pad is bone dry, so I was so-so glad to find this image already stamped out, ready to use, it's just perfect! The gold and bronze card has been embossed with a clock embossing folder and a cog embossing folder. I've also added screw brads. Love them.
Inside the card looks like this. It says Keep Your Pecker Up... and Down and Up.... The font I used is called Violety Crumble. Google the name. It's a freebie on most sites.
 It's one of those 'cut the front panel of the larger card in half, turn it the other way and then sick a smaller card on the bit that was the inside' cards. (What are they called?) I like doing these. I also love the cogs, especially for men's cards.


I've added a strip of acetate to the front of the smaller card with Happy Birthday fixed to it. I was going to leave it off, but it does stop the card from falling over. Hope you had a fabulous Birthday Tom!
Later I hope to add this to a few ....
 Challenges
Penny Black Friends Saturday May Challenge - Favourite Stamp. (at the moment it is!)
Penny Black And More- May- Anything goes
Avenue 613.-anything goes/optional: shapes (arrow square rectangle and circle...)
 ttcrd-may-Anything Goes
Just keep on creating.May- Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. GENIUS !!! I luv how all the bits are about him and the chikkins made me chuckle big time :-D
    Fabulous card Spyder - he'll love this I'm sure :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love all your explanations too - I think Tom will get such a kick out of this card! The sentiment is hilarious and I love the image - I may even have this one somewhere. Fabulous card, Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet PB image and beautifully coloured Spyder and sure your SIL loved it, thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous a wonderfully thought out card for your son-in-law
    Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card and great colouring too. I love all the detailing.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies